Le Guess Who? - Code of Conduct & House Rules
Code of Conduct
Le Guess Who? is a non-profit foundation that has been aspiring to smooth a path for underrepresented artists in a wealth of music genres by giving them a stage in the heart of Utrecht since 2007.
Social safety, inclusivity, and equity are indispensable to the infrastructure that facilitates our international audience, team and art. Passion for music is what unites us. Within this union we blur boundaries in art, but not in morals. Therefore it is vital to assert our values.
We expect everyone who is affiliated with Le Guess Who? to respect our Code of Conduct. This includes our visitors, venues, artists, crew members, volunteers, security, photo/videographers and other stakeholders. We are all part of Le Guess Who? and only together can we strive towards a safer space for all.
The following points will apply to every location that is part of Le Guess Who?:
• Le Guess Who? executes a zero-tolerance policy regarding any type of sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, islamophobia, anti-semitism, ageism and ableism.
• We hold freedom of expression in high regard and therefore will do everything in our power to facilitate a harassment-free zone for all.
• Physical abuse or intimidation of any kind will always result in removal from the festival site without the possibility of return or restitution.
• We condemn any kind of discriminatory language or action. Witnessing such behavior will always be met with the appropriate consequences.
• We do not tolerate any type of sexual harassment and intimidation. Other than the consequences stated above, Le Guess Who? will always stand by the victims of these incidents, thereby delivering the appropriate (after)care.
• We hold a collective responsibility. That's why we ask you to look out for each other. Do you experience or witness any type of harassment or discrimination? Don’t hesitate to approach our crew.
• Besides our own crew, a Social Safety Team and Hub will be located in TivoliVredenburg (facilitated by Sexmatters). They function independently from Le Guess Who? and are there to welcome you when you feel unwell or have experienced any form of harassment or discrimination. Here you can also make (anonymous) reports of incidents you have experienced with either visitors or staff. Our crew can direct you to the Social Safety Hub at any given time.
• We understand that it is not always easy or possible to report an incident in the moment itself. Therefore we encourage you to contact us after the festival via firstname.lastname@example.org in case you want to share your experience. You will always receive an answer within a week.
• Le Guess Who? will receive and incorporate (un)solicited advice from Sexmatters regarding the reported incidents. We hereby make sure one’s anonymity is protected at all times.
The transformative and healing power of music can turn humans into dancing souls. Be joyful, be vulnerable, get curious, dance, and connect. Be human, be you, and enjoy.
ENTRANCE: Le Guess Who? is only accessible with a valid wristband, unless otherwise noted.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: Children up to 12 years old are welcome to accompany their parents free of charge. We strongly advise that children under the age of 16 visit Le Guess Who? under parental supervision.
Please note that there is an exception for two night locations: WAS. is a 21+ venue and BASIS is an 18+ venue.
RESPECT: Please respect our festival, its artists, the venues we use, our volunteers, our staff, the inhabitants of Utrecht, and your fellow festival visitors. We are all in this together.
CONSENT: Respect each other’s boundaries and always ask for consent before engaging in any physical or intimate contact. Any unwanted physical, verbal or sexual contact will not be tolerated.
DRUGS: Drugs are not permitted in any of the Le Guess Who? venues.
WEAPONS: No way.
PETS: Pets are not permitted at the festival.
BAGS: Please note that all festival venues are allowed to check bags upon arrival at the venue. This will be for safety reasons only.
FOOD & DRINKS: We politely request that festival visitors refrain from bringing their own food and/or drinks into the festival venues. Nearly every venue hosts a bar, and there will be a market of food stalls at TivoliVredenburg.
ALCOHOL: Alcohol will only be served to visitors who are 18 years+. Bar staff are permitted to request identification.
SMOKING: As per Dutch Law, smoking in public buildings is not allowed. Smoking is only permitted outside.
SOUND: It is important to note that some concerts may be quite loud. Watching these performances, as well as providing earplugs, is the visitor’s personal responsibility. Please take care of your ears and use earplugs during performances. Some venues offer them for purchase, including TivoliVredenburg, EKKO and De Helling.
PHOTO/VIDEO/AUDIO: The use of professional photo, video or audio equipment is strictly prohibited, unless you have been given permission by the festival team and possess proper accreditation.
Please note that following the House Rules is mandatory for all festival guests.
In case of infringement, the organization of Le Guess Who? reserves the right to deny further festival access.
Photography: Tim van Veen